IREX Europe is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation working to improve education, strengthen independent media, reduce conflict, and support democracy and human rights.
The IREX Europe approach emphasises partnerships with local development organisations and provides training and capacity building in order to create sustainable change.
IREX Europe, registered as an association in France, has an annual turn-over of €2.7 million with funding support from multiple donors, including the EU, United Nations, and bilateral governments.
– Develop capacities of local/grassroots organisations
– Support civil society development
– Help civil society organisations to increase links with media
IREX Europe’s work is therefore guided by three simple but powerful objectives linked to the goals above.
1) To develop as a well-managed, efficient NGO motivating staff through providing incentives and development opportunities.
2) To become a stable NGO with diverse funding, key thematic programming and a broad but appropriate geographic spread.
3) To provide and facilitate high quality, high impact programming with a lasting local effect in close coordination with local partners
To achieve these objectives, IREX Europe will need to maximise its own resources and mobilise its partners to maximum effect.
REPORTS AND DOCUMENTS
Download IREX Europe Brochure