IREX Europe works internationally to promote the rights of women and to combat discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex persons.
We support LGBTI organisations and our work has ranged from providing training in digital security, to creating counselling support services, to implementing new media campaigns among citizens to raise awareness about LGBTI and their rights.
Promote the rights of women
Our work in this area includes:
- Legal Help seminars and online resources as a rapid response mechanism for organisations ‘at risk’.
- Tailored in-house training in organisational management, digital security, internet marketing/virus marketing tools, as well as physical security.
- Training of trainers for LGBTI psycho-social service providers, who can then go on to train activists, social workers, students, and volunteer psychologists.
- Providing travel grants for regional organisations.
- Supporting artistic and cultural events.