IREX Europe promotes a community of Human Rights supporters and advocates united by shared values. We seek to support human rights activists and organisations so that they can better serve their communities and better advocate for their rights. We also work to strengthen international human rights support coordination in France.
- Training campaigners and human rights organisations, including workshops in law, advocacy, internet marketing and new technologies.
- Providing digital and/or physical protection and assistance to human rights organisations
- Supporting artistic and cultural events to promote human rights
- Travel funds to allow human rights defenders to attend events and training
- Creating an online legal resource for human rights lawyers and paralegals and providing rapid-response training
- Emergency funds to provide legal, financial or material aid to people are at risk, facing unfair detention or prosecution.
- National and international campaigning on media freedom cases before the ECHR
- Assisting youth and community leaders at a grassroots level to strengthen community ties and facilitate dialogue, including in post-conflict zones.
- Running workshops to bringing citizens and marginalized groups into peace and community building processes