IREX Europe works internationally to promote the rights of women and to combat discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex persons.
Media and Information Literacy
IREX Europe is committed to empowering citizens to engage critically with what they read and to increase their access to accurate and objective information.
Freedom of expression
IREX Europe provides assistance and capacity building to media organisations, journalists, media lawyers and civil society organisations (CSOs) focused on media freedom.
IREX Europe works to promote fundamental rights in closed societies. We work with Human Rights Defenders to strengthen their capacity in the field, to strengthen local and …
Since its creation in 2004, IREX Europe has worked to strengthen local and independent media, aiming to improve the sustainability, quality and accuracy of reporting.
– using culture in the form of film, theatre and art to promote dialogue and peace promoting grassroots activism the use of innovative techniques such as blog-tours, mobile cinema, meet-ups empowering young women and men through interactive leadership and mentoring promoting human rights at all levels; LGBTI, children, women, minorities
– Designing, budgeting and implementing innovative programmes
– Ensuring project financial management and reporting to the highest standards
– Conducting open and transparent recruitment and selection of programme participants
– Implementing assessment, monitoring and evaluation procedures before, during and after projects
Project by Country
WorldMap - HomePage