IN-EDU – INclusive communities through Media Literacy and Critical thinking EDUcation
SUMMARY: IN-EDU – INclusive communities through Media Literacy and Critical thinking EDUcation – is a project aiming to develop media literacy and critical thinking among students, teachers and parents in five European countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Italy and Slovenia). The aim is to empower them to become aware and active promoters of media literacy actions in their communities. By working at local level the project intends to have an impact on the wider communities and play a part in preventing marginalization and countering inequality.
The main project activities are:
- a needs assessment, including questionnaire sent to parents, teachers and students in each country;
- Stakeholder meetings in each country and an International Stakeholder meeting in Lyon, France;
- training of trainers from each country to be held in Osijek, Croatia;
- training of teachers in Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy and Slovenia;
- Civic Hackathons in Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy and Slovenia; and
- an International Student Camp in Croatia for students from all countries.
IREX Europe is working with six partners: FORMA. Azione srl (Italy), Sofia Development Association (Bulgaria), Centre for peace, non violence and human rights (Croatia), PRIZMA Foundation (Slovenia), DZZD “Obuchenie” (Bulgaria), ITET Perugia (Italy).
IREX Europe’s key role in the project is running monitoring and evaluation plus providing international expertise in Media Literacy. We will produce the media literacy materials needed for the training of trainers, run the training (with an external consultant), host an international Stakeholder meeting in Lyon and send students to the International Student Camp.
PROJECT RESULTS and ACTIVITIES:
- International training of trainers (ToT) for trainers in each country to run their own classes in media literacy and critical thinking for school teachers.
- Materials prepared for these ToTs and translated into all partners’ languages.
- Training of school teachers in Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy and Slovenia
- Stakeholder meetings in each country
- Needs assessment in each country (including for students, teachers and parents)
- Civic Hackathons in Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy and Slovenia
- International Student Camp in Croatia
Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union