Project: Empowering Youth to Become Civic Actors (EYCA). EYCA project is implemented by IREX Europe in collaboration with Centrul Media pentru Tineri (Youth Media Centre). The project is funded by European Union.
2 short term positions:
- Multimedia production /content diversification for local media
- Citizen journalism
Duration: approx. 5 training days (provisional starting date: June – July 2018)
Location: Moldova (Chisinau and the regions) and home-based (mentoring hours via email/Skype)
IREX Europe in partnership with Centrul Media pentru Tineri (Youth Media Centre) is looking for experienced Trainers in multimedia production/ content diversification for local media and citizen journalism, with experience in mentoring techniques. Experience in Moldova and the region is a plus.
- Implement an up to 3-day training programme in the above-mentioned fields, targeting at least 20 media workers of at least 5 regional Moldovan media, selected beneficiaries of EYCA Project. Participants will be both Romanian and Russian speakers.
- Five regional media have been awarded with small grants this year in order to implement their project jointly with local stakeholders and interested youth from the regions. Local media (TV, radio, newspapers, and online media) will improve their local production in collaboration with local authorities, local citizen journalists and young activists. Selected projects are oriented towards strengthening local media reports on community issues and on increasing local production.
- Formal education in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism or related fields) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- At least ten years’ experience in the field of media, including experience in citizen journalism*, data journalism in video format*, mobile journalism*, multimedia production /content diversification*, media literacy*;
- Proven experience in providing trainings, mentoring and consultancy;
- Prior experience in offering online post-training mentoring to the trainees;
- Experience in Moldova and / or neighbouring countries would be considered a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills, diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Romanian and / or Russian would be a strong asset. Good command of written and spoken English is an advantage. mandatory.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and Motivation letter as well as indicate your day rate fee, availability and draft program of the training:
|1 day of training (9.00-17.30)|