Project: Women’s rights across Eurasia supporting lawyers, activists and human rights defenders.
Position: Experienced lawyer and trainer
Location: 3-5 day training the first week of December 2019 (location to be determined but all travel and accommodation costs will be covered by IREX Europe). Home-based preparation and report writing.
Background: IREX Europe is looking for experienced lawyer to run a 3-5 day training and mentoring workshop for human rights lawyers taking women’s rights cases to the European Court of Human Rights.
The participants in the training will all be working on applications to the ECtHR so we expect the training to be tailored to their needs, including advice and training on legal and procedural aspects.
- Run a 3-5 day training programme for women’s rights lawyers
- Write a report on training including an analysis of the pre- and post-training questionnaires and recommendations for how the project could be further developed.
- At least 7 years’ experience as a human rights lawyer and in making applications to the ECtHR, ideally with a specialization in women’s rights.
- Proven experience in providing trainings, mentoring and consultancy.
- Fluent in Russian or English and with a good understanding of the other.
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to Victoria Stephens (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10 September 2019.
Please indicate clearly your experience in taking cases to the ECtHR, your training experience, your daily rate and availability to work in the first week of December 2019.
If you have any questions please contact us via email: Victoria Stephens (email@example.com)