FINAL EXTERNAL EVALUATION
PROJECT: “PRIDE for LGBT in Albania”
IREX Europe is currently recruiting an experienced monitoring and evaluation expert with experience in assessing human rights projects, including projects supporting and promoting LGBTI+ rights.
About IREX Europe
IREX Europe is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society and empower individuals through developing critical thinking skills, enabling them to take informed decisions and to claim their rights. The IREX Europe approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
Objectives and description of the project
Title: “PRIDE for LGBT in Albania – Promoting Rights, Inclusiveness, Dignity and Equality for LGBT in Albania”
Duration: 24 months (from February 15th 2018 to February 14th 2020)
Partners: IREX Europe (the applicant) in partnership with Alliance Against LGBT Discrimination (Aleanca LGBT) and Tebashkuar Pro Kauzës LGBT (Pro LGBT)
Funded by: The European Commission
Budget: approx 234 494 EUR
Overall Objective: To strengthen LGBT organisations and activists’ role in promoting acceptance, inclusion and protection of the LGBT minority in rural and urban Albania, with a particular focus on protecting at-risk marginalised youth LGBTs, and to promote respect for LGBTs’ fundamental rights.
- To strengthen the capacity of LGBT organisations and increase their ability to support their constituencies and improve the acceptance, inclusion and protection of the LGBT community among the general population in Tirana and Albania’s regions.
- To increase access to protection and counselling support, as well as access to employment opportunities for the LGBT community, with a special focus on ensuring access to basic services for at-risk young LGBT individuals from Tirana and the regions
- To promote a more positive image of the LGBT community and improve their acceptance by the general population in Tirana and the regions, both through media campaigns and offline activities
- DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Objectives of the external evaluation
The aim of the external evaluation is to analyse the relevance, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the project in response to the projects’ objectives and targets as well as its sustainability. The evaluation report should include an assessment of the project impact, potential sustainability, identification of lessons learnt and best practices as well as propose improvements for a possible extension of the project activities. The evaluation of the project should consider the following criteria: Relevance, Efficiency, Effectiveness, Impact, Sustainability.
The evaluation should include desk research, interviews and writing of draft and final report:
- Desk research: should include a review of all the materials and documentation developed within the project, the reports of the events organised, etc. The consultant should collect all quantitative data from the logframe (list of activities, number of participants, number of supports, etc.).
- Interviews: The consultant should carry out a sufficient and representative number of interviews and any other methodological tool that the expert/s consider relevant for evaluating the impact of the project with all project partners (skype call with the team in Lyon will be fine, but face-to-face interviews will be mandatory in Albania) as well as with representatives of the target groups, with the representatives of the European Commission and any other relevant stakeholder. The consultant is expected to travel to Albania in order to interview the project target groups and beneficiaries.
Report: the consultant is requested to produce an evaluation report in English between 20 and 30 pages, including a table of contents, brief introduction, objectives and methodology, observations, lessons learned and conclusions as well as a list of recommendations and annexes (e.g. acronyms, list of persons interviewed, TOR, methodology, calendar, etc.).
Executive Summary: an executive summary should also be included summarising the overall results and impact of the project, as well as the main recommendations for a potential continuation.
Presentation: the consultant is also asked to prepare a presentation of the main findings and recommendations of the evaluation (eg: Power Point Presentation) which can be used by IREX Europe and its co-applicants to present results to external stakeholders.
Approximate duration of the evaluation
Preparation: 3 days
Evaluation: 5-7 days
Report: 5 days
The candidate will be selected based the quality and best value for money of the application submitted. The application will have to include travel costs and field related costs to the country if relevant.
- Formal education in a relevant field of study (human rights, gender studies, social sciences or related fields) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in the field of external evaluation;
- Experience in evaluating human rights projects and projects supporting LGBTI+ community;
- Experience in Albania and / or neighbouring countries would be considered a strong asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English, fluency in Albanian would be a very strong asset.
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
|Launch of call for expression of interest||October 23rd 2019|
|Deadline for the submission of applications||November 8th 2019|
|Selection of the consultant||November 15th 2019|
|Start of the evaluation||December 2nd 2019|
|Implementation of evaluation mission||From December 2nd to 13th 2019|
|Submission of draft report||January 10th 2020|
|Submission of final evaluation report||January 25th 2020|
Please send you’re your application and financial offer by November 8th 2019 (6pm Lyon time) to email@example.com
You can apply individually or as a team of evaluators as long as the budget would not exceed a total of € 3,500. In either case your application should consist of the following:
- A cover letter outlining experience and suitability for the assignment (no more than 2
- sides of A4), including contact details for 2 references (per individual)
- An updated CV(s)
- Mention of your proficiency in speaking/ writing and reading Albanian – if relevant
- Links of similar work conducted
Applications received past the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that only experts with prior experiences in Human Rights projects and projects supporting LGBTI+ community will be considered.