IREX Europe is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society and empower individuals through developing critical thinking skills, enabling them to take informed decisions and to claim their rights. The IREX Europe approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
IREX Europe is looking for an experienced Project Manager to support the IREX Europe Project Management team in implementing media development, media and information literacy, civil society and human rights programmes around the world. The position is Lyon-based, with potential for travel.
- Provide support for the implementation of different donor funded projects, directly managing projects and/or assisting Program Managers with administration and monitoring and evaluation, reporting and project tracking.
- Identifying, researching and developing new opportunities within IREX Europe’s mandate and utilizing IREX Europe’s specific skills and capacities.
- General research on human rights issues and independent media/freedom of the press issues.
- Formal education – degree/masters in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, social studies, international relations, media, communication, journalism, etc.) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in international project management in the fields of media development, media and information literacy, civil society and /or human rights
- Proven previous experience in new business development, grant and service contract design and writing will be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory
- Russian and Arabic language skills are a plus, as are other language skills
- The right to live and work in France is mandatory
The initial contract will be a CDD for six months, with foreseen starting date in the second half of October. Salary dependent on experience and in compliance with the IREX Europe Salary scale.
If you are interested please send a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before the 11th of October 2019. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.