Project: Strengthening Independent Media and Media Literacy in Moldova
Position: Media and Information Literacy Expert and Trainer
Dates: February to December 2019
Location: Chisinau (training of trainer)
IREX Europe is looking for an experienced Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Expert and Trainer with experience in training of trainers’ techniques. Experience in Moldova and the region will be an added value.
The Media and Information Literacy trainer will update IREX Europe MIL manual for librarians and will develop a new curriculum for MIL senior trainers.The “Senior Trainers” will go on and give ToT training to local librarians who themselves will then be able to go on and run MIL workshops for their local community. These Senior Trainers will become MIL experts and will provide a pool of local expertise – institutionalizing MIL within the Association of Librarians.
- IREX Europe MIL manual for librarians update and development of an open source online manual and online MIL toolbox in collaboration with IREX Europe and the Moldovan Association of Librarians.
- Develop a training curriculum for Senior Trainers in MIL in close collaboration with IREX Europe and the Moldovan Association of Librarians.
- Implement a set of MIL ToT according to the developed program targeting at least 10 selected librarians in Moldova to become “Senior Trainers”. Participants will be Romanian and Russian speakers and will then become Moldovan Association of Librarians certified trainers.
- Formal education in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism or related fields) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in the field of media literacy, and proven experience in developing and providing trainings of trainers
- Prior experience in the development of media literacy curricula/manuals
- Experience in Moldova and / or neighbouring countries would be considered a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills, diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken Romanian is compulsory.
If you are interested please send your CV (including 2 references and potential online tools developed) as well as a draft ToT agenda and the proposed methodology for the manual development (including an estimated no. of days needed for the requested tasks) to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 28, 2019. Please also provide the daily fee usually requested for this kind of assignment, as well as your availability between February – August 2019.