Project: IN-EDU – INclusive communities through Media literacy & Critical Thinking EDUcation
Position: Media Literacy Trainer and Expert Consultant
Location: mainly home-based work with 3 days’ training in Osijek, Croatia to take place in early October 2019 (all travel will be paid for)
Background: IN-EDU – INclusive communities through Media literacy & Critical Thinking EDUcation – is a project aimed at improving the media literacy and critical thinking skills of students, teachers and parents in five European countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Italy and Slovenia). It is funded by the European Union via the Erasmus+ programme.
As part of the project IREX Europe is looking for experienced trainer and media literacy expert. This Consultant will develop media literacy training materials and run a training of trainers workshop for trainers from all five partner countries. The project will be entirely in English.
- Develop three-day training programme for media literacy trainers.
- Develop a curriculum for teachers of students age 15-19 and a series of 10 lesson plans for use in schools (building on work already done in this field by IREX Europe, UNESCO and other sources).
- Develop an evaluation plan for teachers to assess what students have learned.
- Run a three-day training of trainers workshop in Osijek, Croatia in early October 2019 for between 15-20 people including a pre-and post-training questionnaire to assess the skills acquired by those trained.
- Write a report on training including an analysis of the pre- and post-training questionnaires and recommendations for how the project could be further developed.
- Proven experience in providing training sessions and consultancy
- Strong media literacy expertise
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills
If you are interested, please send us your CV, a letter of motivation and a one-page draft outline of how you would develop the programme for the three-day training of trainers, the curriculum and lesson plans.
Please also indicate your daily rate, how many days’ work you envisage this would entail, your availability to start working and to be in Croatia at the beginning of October.
Please send your application by 12:00 on Tuesday 14 May 2019 to Victoria Stephens (vstephens [at] irexeurope.eu) and Viorica Palamarciuc (vpalamarciuc [at] irexeurope.eu) with the email title ‘Application for IN EDU Media Literacy Consultant’.
If you have any questions please contact us via email: Victoria Stephens (vstephens [at] irexeurope.eu) and Viorica Palamarciuc (vpalamarciuc [at] irexeurope.eu)
IREX Europe is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, foster pluralistic civil society development, and reduce conflict. The IREX Europe approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
The IN EDU project us funded by the European Union as part of the Erasmus+ programme.