Project: Empowering Youth to Become Civic Actors (EYCA). EYCA project is implemented by IREX Europe in collaboration with Centrul Media pentru Tineri (Youth Media Center). The project is funded by the European Union.
Position: Multimedia storytelling trainer
Duration: approx. 5 working days (provisional dates: September -October, 2019)
Location: Moldova (Chisinau)
IREX Europe in partnership with Centrul Media pentru Tineri (Youth Media Center) is looking for an experienced trainer/team of trainers for Youth Media Center trainers team.
Responsibilities: For our partner team, we are looking for a trainer in multimedia storytelling who will have the following tasks:
- To assess the CMT participants media production skills and to identify their needs and gaps in the field of multimedia storytelling
- Offer a training/workshop for the team on the following topics:
- Identification of topics for storytelling (when and where can the storytelling be used?);
- Stages of storytelling (the circuit of my story);
- Ways of presenting and promoting storytelling materials;
- Creating and editing a storytelling product (practical work);
- The specificity of storytelling on networks (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube);
- Video storytelling, writing, photography – their specificity and differences;
- Storytelling for a specific group – young people, adults.
- Use digital tools to “color” stories and send messages.
Context: A training in multimedia storytelling is needed for the Youth Media Center team in order to improve their skills and help them updated their Media and Information Literacy workshops and events agenda for Moldovan youth.
As a result of this workshop the Youth Media Center trainers team would develop skills to identify storytelling topics and to transform a topic / character into a story that captures the attention of the public (young people) and to deliver impactful messages. Experience in Moldova and the region is a plus.
- Formal education in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism or related fields) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- At least ten years’ experience in the field of media, including experience in media production, multimedia storytelling, data journalism in video format, mobile journalism
- Proven experience in providing trainings, mentoring and consultancy;
- Prior experience in offering online post-training mentoring to the trainees;
- Experience in Moldova and / or neighbouring countries would be considered a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills, diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Romanian and / or Russian would be a strong asset. Good command of written and spoken English is an advantage.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and Motivation letter as well as indicate your day rate fee, availability and draft program of the training/monitoring:
|1 day of training|
|1 day of mentoring /consultancy|
Please send your application by September 13th 2019 to Viorica Palamarciuc, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact us via email: Viorica Palamarciuc, email@example.com