IREX Europe is looking for an experienced Project Manager to implement media, civil society and human rights programmes around the world. The position is Lyon-based, with potential for travel.
The Project Manager will support the IREX Europe Project Management team in implementing media, civil society and human rights programmes around the world. The position is Lyon-based, with potential for travel.
• Provide support for the implementation of different donor funded projects, directly managing projects and/or assisting Program Managers with administration and monitoring and evaluation, reporting and project tracking.
• Identifying, researching and developing new opportunities within IREX Europe’s mandate and utilizing IREX Europe’s specific skills and capacities. Developing full proposals, from conception to submission.
• General research on human rights issues and independent media/freedom of the press issues.
• Formal education – degree/masters in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, social studies, international relations, media, communication, journalism etc) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
• At least five years’ experience in international civil society/human rights project management
• Proven previous experience in new business development, grant and service contract design and writing will be considered an asset
• Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Fluency in written and spoken French and English is mandatory
• Russian and Arabic language skills are a plus, as are other language skills
• The right to live and work in France is mandatory
The initial contract will be a CDD for six months. Salary dependent on experience and in compliance with the IREX Europe Salary scale.
If you are interested please send a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 3rd of February 2020.
If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.