Regional Media Mentor and Consultant
Project: Empowering Youth to Become Civic Actors (EYCA). EYCA project is implemented by IREX Europe in collaboration with Centrul Media pentru Tineri (Youth Media Center). The project is funded by the European Union.
Position: Local media mentor and consultant
Duration: approx. 15 working days (provisional dates: June – September 2018)
Location: Moldova (Chisinau and the regions) and home-based (mentoring hours via email/Skype)
IREX Europe in partnership with Centrul Media pentru Tineri (Youth Media Center) is looking for experienced trainer and consultant for local media, with experience in mentoring techniques. Experience in Moldova and the region is a plus.
For our Small grants for local media component we are looking for long term mentor and consultant who will have the following tasks:
- To assess the five regional media participants in the project and to identify their needs and gaps in organizational and administrative set up, production and networking, on-line presence, marketing and promotion fields, etc.
- Identify solutions and develop a sustainable planning
- Offer a training/workshop for the team on needed topics followed by future consultancy and support (field visits and online)
- Develop, in collaboration with IREX Europe, a mentoring and mentoring calendar
- Monitoring the project implementation (field visits and online).
Five regional media have been awarded with small grants this year in order to implement their project jointly with local stakeholders and interested youth from the regions. Local media (TV, radio, newspapers, and online media) will improve their local production in collaboration with local authorities, local citizen journalists and young activists. Selected projects are oriented towards strengthening local media reports on community issues and on increasing local production.
- Formal education in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism or related fields) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- At least ten years’ experience in the field of media, including experience in media production, multimedia production /content diversification, marketing and promotion, financial sustainability, etc;
- Proven experience in providing trainings, mentoring and consultancy;
- Prior experience in offering online post-training mentoring to the trainees;
- Experience in Moldova and / or neighbouring countries would be considered a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills, diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Romanian and / or Russian would be a strong asset. Good command of written and spoken English is an advantage.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and Motivation letter as well as indicate your day rate fee, availability and draft program of the training/monitoring:
|1 day of training|
|1 day of mentoring /consultancy|
If you have any questions please contact us via email: Viorica Palamarciuc, firstname.lastname@example.org